Help with a Federal Agency
If you can't get an answer from a federal agency in a timely fashion, or if you feel you have been treated unfairly, our office may be able to help resolve a problem or get you the information you need. While we cannot guarantee you a favorable outcome, we will do our best to help you receive a fair and timely response to your problem.
Residents of the 2nd Congressional District of New York can contact us for assistance in dealing with Federal agencies.
Please include all pertinent information and claim numbers in your correspondence—such as:
- Your Social Security number for a case involving Social Security;
- VA claim number for a case with Department of Veterans Affairs;
- Taxpayer identification number (Social Security number, if individual) for an Internal Revenue Service problem, etc.;
- Your address, home phone number and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary;
- Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved;
- Routine Service 18 Weeks
- Expedited Service 12 Weeks
Tips: As we continue to receive a high volume of passport inquiries, it is important to consider the following tips to ensure your passport arrives in time for your date of travel:
- Check your date of travel and plan ahead.
- Send your application via trackable mail.
- Consider paying an extra $17.56 for 1-2 day delivery.
**If you are inquiring about bringing a friend or family member home from Afghanistan, please be sure to provide as much information as possible including the full legal name, age, citizenship status (citizen, LPR, SVI, P1/P2, etc.), current location, and date of birth of the persons seeking to leave Afghanistan so that we can most efficiently help with your request.
The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case.
We must have your signature to proceed with this type of request.